Friday, December 12, 2008

It's about the birth of Christ, therefore I say...Merry Christmas!

Most of you know by now that I'm just the type of girl who says out loud what most people keep in their head. Today is no exception to the rule...and I really don't intend to offend anyone. That's not my goal, but I am just about fed up with all this Happy Holiday stuff!

I'm of the opinion that the reason people don't want to say MERRY CHRISTMAS is because of the word CHRIST being in it...see even after two thousand years He is still intimidating people!

The world says they just don't use Merry CHRISTmas because they don't want to offend all the other religions or anyone...REALLY? Is that your argument? Hmmmm....

Well there are lots of other holidays we haven't changed the name of. The month of February has just as many holidays as December, yet we don't go around saying 'Happy Holidays' do we? I'll start with HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY. We haven't changed the name of it and it probably offends lots of single people...we still look at them on Feb. 14 and what do we say? HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! We don't stutter and say...oh, I'm sorry 'Do you believe in LOVE?' No!

It's CHRISTMAS and it's about the birth of Christ! Therefore, my dear friends, I wish you all a very Merry CHRISTmas!
~Carol

1 comment:

Justin said...

And if you don't like it, or it offends you.... Put a helmet on! :)