Monday, February 16, 2009

I just may be on to something here...

Last night Landon was very sick. He was vomiting and had a high fever. We finally got him settled and he fell asleep about 1:30 this morning. I decide to lay him in my bed so I could check on him and hear him if he got sick again during the night.

Well, I drifted off into a sound sleep beside him. I'm talking sawin' log heaven! I was deep into sleep. That was interrupted by the sound of him throwing up shortly after! I have never in my life seen two people jump up faster and be more wide awake than my husband and I were. I couldn't help but bust into laughter. My husband thought I was crazy...until I explained myself.

See, I have trouble getting him up to go to work in the mornings. I promise you he hits the snooze button at least five times! That is so not an exaggeration either. The man sets his alarm clock 25 minutes fast so he can keep hitting the snooze alarm. Then he drags himself out of bed and gets dressed and barely makes it out the door on time. My suggestion to him was that we somehow record the sound of Landon getting sick and make that our alarm clock sound. Trust me, there no other sound that gets you up and running faster than a kid vomiting on you and your clean bed sheets!

For some reason, my husband didn't see the humor I did. He's so boring! :)

1 comment:

Tamara Ann said...

I stumbled upon your blog via The Nester and have to say that this post is HILARIOUS! I know that exact jolt and jump you're referring too and it could make the perfect alarm clock!