Thursday, February 18, 2010

HMMMMM....

I absolutely love the way my little boy's mind works. I just love it! We have started Children's Church on Wednesday nights at church and the kids are loving it. It's great to see them excited about the Bible being taught on their level. Landon always comes out of children's church bouncing up to me and telling me all about what he learned. Last night he was NOT happy at all about his lesson. I couldn't for the life of me understand why he was not jumping up and telling me all the things he learned and showing me his craft.

When we got in the car to come home, I asked him what his lesson was about and his reply was, "I just don't want to talk about it."

You can imagine the questions that went through my mind. I knew that the literature I had bought for them was taking a walk through the Ten Commandments. I also knew that the lady teaching the class is SUPER with her explanations and very good at getting the points across. So, being the ever questioning mom that I am, I done some digging and called his teacher and asked her what the lesson was on and if Landon had acted funny in class. I should have known everything was okay when she started laughing.

The lesson was on the commandment, Children Obey Your Parents. I was still a little confused at why Landon was not wanting to talk to me about it, so his dad and I sat down and talked to him today and asked him again, 'Landon, what was your lesson about last night?'

Again, he replied, "I just don't want to talk about that."

I asked him if it was on children obeying his parents, and I wish I would have had a camera rolling to catch his response. He looked at me really serious and asked, "You know about that one?" "Does dad know about it?"

I promise you, I almost lost it. We can only assume that he thought if we didn't know about it and if he didn't tell us about it, then it wasn't so and it wouldn't be enforced at home. I love that kid so much! I love his honesty, I love the way his mind thinks, I love that sad little look he got on his face when I told him 'YES' that his dad and I knew about that commandment and that he had to do what the Bible said and he had to obey us when we told him to do something.

And, I love his response to my answer! He looked at me with the saddest look on his face and simply walked away saying, "HMMMMMM..."


I love you Landon...you make your mommy smile! You have brought so much joy and laughter into our home...whatever would me and daddy do without you?? I never want to know.

1 comment:

Miller Racing Family said...

What a sweet post. I always love to hear thoughts from Landon. Super cute photo as well!
Have a great weekend!