Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........


Now, I'll be the first to say that I'm not much of a 'girly-girl' or one who likes all the frills of life. I'd rather be casual and comfortable than dressed up. I prefer wildflowers or gladiolious over roses. I prefer a night at home with my husband and son than a big night on the town...that's just how I roll. However, today when my husband came home, he brought me a vase full of a beautiful floral arrangement...roses, lilys, carnations, peppers, leaves, etc. and it was simple beautiful. I love arrangements that are different or unusual, and this one wow'ed me. It just looked so 'Fall' and made this simple girl smile...a really big smile! The greatest part about the flowers? It was for no special reason, no special occasion, no...it was one of those 'Just Because' occasions. Just because he loves me. Just because he cares, just because he knew I needed a pick-me-up type of thing. I am one lucky lady! And, I don't take that for granted. Thanks Honey!

OKAY...OKAY...the truth is that his job was giving away the arrangements that they used yesterday at the company's 75th anniversary party and dinner, but, hey, he did think enough of me to bring them home to me...JUST BECAUSE I am special to him! The fact that they were free made them even more beautiful to me. I told you I was a simple girl!

No comments: