Monday, October 20, 2008

Time...and letting go!

Sometimes things happen that shake the very foundation that our world is standing on. Sometimes it's hard to get past the hurt or the wounds that have been inflicted on us. Sometimes it's hard to get past the circumstances. It's hard to just pick up the pieces and place them back together and go on with our life. It's hard...but not impossible.

When I don't have the answers to the questions why, when I don't have the solutions as to how to make things better, or know how to return to the light-heartedness of life, I've learned it's best to just stand still and wait. I've learned that Time is a friend to us in these types of situations. Once Time has put it's hands around the situation for a while, what seemed like the end of the world to me, becomes a new beginning.

Time....sometimes, that's all it takes!

I've also learned that if I hold on to the hurts and disappointmens inflicted on me by other people, then I'm only hurting myself. If I have an unforgiving spirit or a spirit of not letting it go, then I hinder my own growth. It's like the story of the little boy who was sitting on a park bench in obvious agony. He's frowning and groaning and in discomfort. A man walking by asked him what was wrong. The boy answered, "I'm sitting on a bumble bee." "Then why don't you just get up?" the man asked. The boy replied, "Because I figure I'm hurting it more than he is hurting me!"

A silly story, I know, but such truth can be found in it. We are just like that little boy so many times. When we don't have answers as to why someone hurt us or why a situation came our way, we just sit on an unforgiving or unforgetting spirit and live below our calling. The healing process won't begin until we get up off the park bench!! God can only heal our wounds when we stop inflicting pain and wrong spirits on the ones who hurt us, or when we stop questioning why He has us where He does. In His time....things will come together!

No comments: