Sunday, March 1, 2009

Praise & Worship Sunday

Brittany at Sweet Nothings is hosting Worship & Praise Sundays. I decided to join in and share one of my favorite songs. It's an old song, but definitely still one I turn to on some of my worst days. I couldn't find a video of the song, but here are the lyrics. It's Healing Hands by Jonathan Pierce.

Healing Hands

Pick up your heart and
Carry it to healing hands
There is no scar, no pain
He won't understand
Those broken dreams you've carried this far
Need his touch to mend
Pick up your heart and
Carry it to healing hands

What brought you here to this time, to the place
Where your own strength has found its end
And the load that you bear is too heavy to carry
Come bring it all to Him

Pick up your heart and
Carry it to healing hands
There is no scar, no pain
He won't understand
Those broken dreams you've carried this far
Need his touch to mend
Pick up your heart and
Carry it to healing hands


For the souls that know surrender
He is gracious to hold us so tenderly

Pick up your heart and
Carry it to healing hands
There is no scar, no pain
He won't understand
Those broken dreams you've carried this far
Need his touch to mend
Pick up your heart and
Carry it to healing hands


This song brought me through one of the most traumatic times of my life. When I walked out of the doctor's office on a Friday afternoon after receiving the news that my first pregnancy was over and our baby had no heartbeat at four months pregnant, I was definitely at a loss for words. We had been married for 14 years and had been trying for so long to have a baby.

My world was shattered and my heart was broken and my dream of finally being a mom was lost. As my husband and I drove home in silence, he turned on the radio, and this song began to play. As I sat there numb from the shock and loss, the words of this song began to speak to me. I desperately wanted someone to mend my broken heart. What I realized was that I had to trust God enough to carry my broken heart and broken dreams and place them in His healing hands, because I needed His touch to mend.

I remember laying in bed putting this song on repeat and listening to it over and over, weeping...yet trusting God with my broken heart and trusting Him to take my broken and shattered dreams and mend them with His touch. I know where this CD is at all times. So many times I still reach for this CD and play it when something happens and I am reminded that when I am broken hearted and my own strength comes to an end, God is there with healing hands to help me through. There's just no touch like that of His healing hands.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Thank you for sharing. You have sweet blog.

Debra said...

I listened to a video of someone else singing this song and the words are very encouraging. Thanks for sharing it! I've never heard of Jonathan Pierce, so I'll have to look him up on itunes.

Brittany said...

Hi Carol! Thanks so much for joining Praise and Worship Sunday! It's great to have you! Congrats on winning the Bath and Body works giveaway! It looks great!

In Him,
Brittany