Thursday, August 27, 2009
My blogfriend, Tanya, just tagged me with the Honest Scrap Award. After you're done reading my list you have to stop over Tanya's blog. You'll find yourself on her page for a while as she has some great crockpot recipes, among other things. Thanks, Tanya!
Here's the deal:
In accepting this award, I need to do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
1. I have a lot of clothes in my closet that still has the tags on them. I just am not a clothes person and don't like to wear new clothes or shop for new clothes. It would suit me just fine if all adults had to wear uniforms.
2. Most everything I own in the clothes department was bought for me by my mother. (I pay her for them...she just does the shopping and brings them home for me to try on.) She's a shopper and is forever buying me new clothes. She knows I don't wear half of what she buys but she continues to buy me things. I think she doesn't want people to think I can't afford more than a few outfits. lol
3. Knowing fully well about #1 & #2, I was in the store Monday with a friend and bought myself a new jean skirt. Knowing good and well that I will probably never wear it! I don't know why I bought it other than it was one of those spur of the moment things. I liked the skirt, it was on sale, I bought it...then brought it home and hung it in the back of the closet with the tags still on it. I know, sometimes I don't even make sense to myself, so I don't expect you to understand that!
4. The clock in my bedroom is 24 minutes fast, the one in my living room is 5 minutes fast. I don't know why...they just are. It bugs me, but I've grown so accustomed to reminding myself that they are fast and adjusting the time in my head that if I fix them now, well...I'd be late for everything!
5. If I walk up or down stairs, I have to count them. I can tell you the number of stairs in all my friends houses that I visit often because I have counted them for years.
6. I take my own candles with me when we go out of town and have to stay in a motel because it makes me feel better. If you want me to be really honest...I even take my own towel!
7. I still have a hard time leaving my son with anyone. He's four yrs old and I cannot hardly stand to leave him at a sitters house and drive away. I get lightheaded and feel panic rising if he's not where I can see him. I'm getting better with it, because we have a great group of friends and older couples in our church whom he just adores and loves to stay with when we have to take care of things like funerals and such.
8. I like to make lists. FOR EVERYTHING! I just find that I get more done if I put it all on paper. And, I love crossing things off the list.
9. I cannot be still when I am trying to fall asleep. I have to shake my leg. It helps me fall asleep faster. It also annoys my husband to death!
10. I saved the most honest thing about myself for last. That is the fact that I am happier than I have ever been in my life! I was so against moving to Louisiana when the subject first came up, and lost much sleep over just the thought of it. Now that we are here and settled, I cannot imagine my life being any other way. I am in my element here. I get to give of my time and myself to others to help them develop their christian walk and being the best they can be. I love everything we do here. I love staying busy with the church and the community. I don't mind one bit when our plans get changed at a moments notice when one of our church members need us to come stand by their side in a situation, or just need to talk. It's what I was born to do and the joy and fulfillment that I have been searching for all my life. I enjoy working with my inlaws. (For those who don't know our situation, my husband is the assistant pastor at the church his dad pastors.) They are the greatest mentors, and teachers and are two of my best friends in life! I couldn't be happier...UNLESS my mother and dad would move here too! Then life would just be perfect!
These are the people I tag...I only have four of the seven, but HONESTLY I didn't know of anyone else who would want to play along. If you'd like to play along, fell free to do so.