Sunday, November 29, 2009

No disappointments here...

Our Thanksgiving holiday proved to be even better than I had hoped. We left town early Tuesday and spent the evening relaxing with my in-laws at Sergent's Lake, which is an 80 acre lake with several hundred acres of land surrounding it. It's my father-n-laws family's home place, so all the boys lease it and spend as much time there as possible. It's one of the most peaceful places I've ever been to. No one around for miles and lots of things to do. Landon loves roaming the land.

This is where we spent most of the day Friday after Thanksgiving. We fished all over the lake, and Landon caught a catfish that he was really proud of and still talking about.


Landon loves to fish in the boat...

and to feel the water on the side of the boat.




There's nothing better than riding a four wheeler on wide open land...



Unless it's tormenting your husband and trying to run him over with a four wheeler! Just kidding...I only got close enough to scare him and make him jerk the camera away from his face.



I am starting to understand why men like to hunt...Anthony took me to several of the deer stands and we found fresh tracks and checked on the deer feeders. I can see how it gets into ones blood. Now I just have to find time to go to the gun range and learn how to shoot a gun. The city is slowly but surely coming out of me.

Here's my sis-n-law with the deer she shot Friday evening...if I hang around her much more, I will be in camouflage and in the woods with a gun.

And of course Landon had to have a picture with his uncle Ron and the deer.


On Wednesday Anthony took me to Natchez, Mississippi since we were only an hour away and we visited several of the old Plantation homes there. Landon loved the Mississippi River and all the river boats we seen. We spent this day as our family day and had so much fun.


The homes were unbelievable and the gardens we went to were breathtaking.





Anthony decided that we needed one of these hammocks in our backyard. I told him I was all for it if he was digging the pond to go with it!

This is the view when you are lying in the hammock...I just don't think it would be the same without the pond and the waterfall.


And, because I have always loved the picture my blogging friend, Tanya had of her son inside a tractor wheel, I had to capture this moment. I love these pictures...


1 comment:

Miller Racing Family said...

What a fun trip. I love all the photos. The lake pictures are so relaxing, and I just died laughing at the photos of you on the four wheeler attacking the husband. But of course the favorites are Landon in the tractor tire.
Have a great day!