Monday, April 12, 2010

Rail Road Festival

The town we live in is all about Rail Roads. Every year, on the second weekend in April, we have a RR Festival and it's a big thing for this small town.

Landon was super excited because he got to ride the fire truck in the parade on Friday. He was all about waving to everyone and throwing candy out the window.




He had that wave down...



Of course, when he seen me and my camera, he had to start with the goofy faces.



After the parade, it was time for the festival to open and all the fun to begin...



The bumper cars was one of his favorites.


My favorite time at the festival was at night, because it was so neat with all the lights from the booths and the rides.



I even got brave and let Anthony talk me into riding the Ferris wheel with him and Landon so I could get a picture of the whole festival and all the pretty lights at night, and pictures of the town.



On the way up to the top of the Ferris wheel, I got this picture of part of the town...







My next picture was supposed to be of the whole festival, but when I turned to look behind me, I got sick and felt light headed and decided to take a 'short nap'...OK, you can call it passing out if you want. WHATEVER!




I guess you and I will just have to take my husband's word for it that it was a beautiful sight since I have no pictures after that moment. Yep, he had to take me home. He says I was green by the time he got me home and on the couch. But, since we have no pictures of that either, I'm inclined to think maybe he was exaggerating a bit!

On Saturday, Landon was up and ready to head back to the festival again...







Oh, the fun we had Friday and Saturday...looking forward to doing it all again when the next one rolls into town.

1 comment:

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow Trey would have loved these days. You know we are all about big rides. The fair photos are just an added bonus.
Have a fabulous day!