Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wisdom from a 3yr old...



I tell you my child is smart. Now, I know that every mother says that about her kid, but....Landon is really into puppets lately. I think it's because our Children's Church leaders at our church are incorporating puppets and puppet shows into some of their services. Landon has drug one of his daddy's old puppets out of the closet and he takes it everywhere with him. He has his own puppet shows and sometimes even comes and talks to me through the puppet.

Well, Landon came to me last night and said, 'Mommy, this puppet is a real little boy like me. He is hungry. Watch him eat one of my chicken nuggets.' So, I watched as he fed the puppet the chicken nugget and laughed at how his little mind perceives things. I was walking out of the room when his next words stopped me in my tracks. He said, 'Mommy, I think the puppet needs to be potty trained like me.'

You guessed it! We had to go into the bathroom and let him sit the puppet on his potty chair. After a few minutes, Landon raised up the puppet's shirt and looked at me really funny and confused. He looked again and said, 'Mommy, I don't think he's gonna be able to be potty trained!'

Ask me how long it took me and his daddy to stop laughing!!! I told you this little boy was SMART! :)

No comments: