Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Landon!

Time is just so funny!
When I was younger, I wished time away on a daily basis...I wanted to grow up. Now too often, I find myself wishing for time to stop. As I look back over the last four years I am just amazed at how fast time has passed me by, and even more amazed at how much one little boy has changed my whole world!

I used to be the greatest housekeeper...seriously, you could have eaten off my floors and never worried about getting a germ. I used to be so organized, I could find anything at a moment's notice. These days, you will probably more likely than not trip over a toy in any room of my home, and if you ask me for something like a receipt...well, it will be a miracle if I can find it, and if I do find it, you can rest assured Landon will have drawn all over it.

Funny thing is, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! This little boy has brought so much joy and laughter to my life. He has put sunshine into the darkest days. I am filled with wonder at all that he does. It's a beautiful thing to look at the world through his eyes! He views everyone as kind and good, he views every day as a new day to explore something in this world. Oh, that I could grasp on to and hold tightly to that innocence.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Landon! You are the best thing that ever happened to your daddy and I. We love you more than life itself. Happy 4th birthday.


Here's a couple pictures from Landon's party on Saturday. We had a small party because our church friends had choir pratice Saturday night and that was the only time my brother and sister could come into town. We are in the midst of moving and so we just went with it and had a great time. I did miss all my family and church friends not being able to be there.



And here's some pictures of Landon helping daddy load the UHaul this morning. See how great a kid he is...he don't even seem to mind that we are busy packing and moving on his special day!

3 comments:

Alexis said...

Happy Birthday to Landon, and congratulations to you! Celebrating four years with a blessing from God! Hope the move is going well. Can't wait to see pictures of your new home.

Miller Racing Family said...

Happy Birthday Landon. I had forgot that the boys had birthdays right around each other. I could ahem everything you said about time and cleaning, and how you wouldn't change it for the world.
I love the Chuckie Cheese party, what a great idea. I also love the moving photos, how fun.
Have a great Monday!

Kimmie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LANDON! You are truly a blessing to your mom and dad and to everyone that knows you. I know you will miss your friends here in Texas but you will just LOVE Louisiana!