Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm Back...

Well, we finally got internet at the house today! Thankfully, my brother-n-law works for a telephone/internet company and he was able to speed things up for us.

Well, we are just about settled in and only have six boxes left to unpack. We are going to rent for the next six months until we decide where we are going to buy. There are several properties that we are interested in, and they are all beautiful and have land with them. I'm really excited about that. I love where we are living until we buy a place so that makes the waiting part much easier.

We have been really busy with church activities since we arrived and I haven't really had much time to stop. I love everything about being here and all that my position here requires. If someone would have told me a year ago that I'd be here in Louisiana and be the assistant pastor's wife at my father-n-laws church, and be happy about it...well, I'm sure I would have just laughed at them and walked away. I am still amazed myself at how much I am enjoying working in the kingdom here! I wouldn't change a single thing. I've found that contentment that I have been searching for.

I miss all my family and all my friends from GPUPC, but I know that they are just a phone call and a visit away. Grand Prairie Church will always be my home church, and the church that I attend when we are visiting my family, but I am so thankful that God has given me a love for Pentecostal House Of Praise. They are some of the greatest people on earth and have accepted my husband, my son, and myself with open arms and much respect. It's humbling to know that they accept and love and respect us in the manner they have shown since we have been here. It's such a blessing to be a part of them now.

So...I'll be posting lots of pictures of things happening here and pictures from our moving process in the next few days as I get the time...for now we are off to finish painting the moulding for the foyer at the church. We just got new tile in the foyer, halls and fellowship hall and are painting some moulding for the baseboards. I'll post pics when we are done. Have a great Tuesday evening.


Landon & Daddy walking a foot bridge in Rusk, where we stopped to spend the night on our way to Louisiana.


Landon enjoying the swimming pool at the hotel

Landon ready for bed after his swim...with his little friend.

Landon and mommy ready to go to church...


Landon and daddy

A couple pictures of the living room that is finally unpacked!

2 comments:

Monica said...

YAY!!!!! You're back!I had just checked in on your blog today and was so sad that you still hadn't posted anything.I've missed you so much and Saturday it just wasn't the same without you there!Your mom,christi,and kenny were all there except for you and it made me sad.I can't wait till you come and visit.You're new home looks beautiful and cozy as always!
Love ya!

Miller Racing Family said...

I am so glad that you are back. Your house is looking like it is coming together very nicely. I also love the pictures of the boys on the bridge, those are just priceless.
Have a fabulous day!