Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm outta here...

I will be away from the blog land till for the next week. I'm going to Texas to spend some much needed time with my parents, my brothers and my sister, and all my nephews and niece. I'm so excited that we'll all be able to spend some time together. I'll be coming home before Thanksgiving so we plan on celebrating early.

I'll get to spend some time with my friends and our Pastor and his wife from Grand Prairie church on Sunday since they are having a Thanksgiving Feast Sunday evening. To say I'm excited about that is an understatement! I love Louisiana and all that we have going on here, but I so miss all the friendships that I left behind. So, this is definitely going to be one of the highlights of my trip.

Actually the only down side to this trip is that my husband won't be going with me and Landon. He has so much going on here with the church that he just can't pull away and stay as long as I could if I go alone. He has hospital visits to do on Wednesday, a wedding on Friday and a funeral on Saturday, so he'll be busy. I'm wondering if Landon and I are going to be able to stay away from him for a week without crying much. He's such a big part of our world that we just may have to spend lots of time on the phone with him. Thank God for modern technology so we can stay in touch through cell phones and internet.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving holiday! See you all in a week...some of you sooner!

1 comment:

Miller Racing Family said...

I hope you guys have a great time with family. I do totally get where you are coming from about missing the husband. Things never go as smoothly unless everyone is in one place.
Can't wait to hear about your trip!